The Central Florida real estate market has been going strong all Summer! With available homes for sale
When it comes to real estate buyers jumping into the market in the months of January and February were considered savvy consumers, well that’s before the Holiday shoppers started putting down their carts and jumped into their cars.
Let’s face it, if a home is on the market come November and December of any given year their must be some seller motivation, and that equals a GOOD DEAL! Real estate will always be about supply and demand, and when it comes to the holidays the demand for homes is at an all time low…and a perfect time to shop!
As of today the Doctor Phillips real estate market features 247 single family homes for sale, and we expect that number to carry into the end of the year.
Buyers that are ready, willing and able to purchase will have some leverage heading into the last few months of 2016 and land a great deal in sought after Doctor Phillips, Orlando. Don’t let that little worm beat you again, start searching popular Doctor Phillips communities like Brentwood Club, Phillips Landing and Bristol Park today!
Whether is April fools or December
- Contact and deal with REALTORS® – Realtors follow and adbide by a Code of Ethics. Buyers and Sellers check their Realtors backround for any violations by logging on to the offical state of Florida website at www.MyFlorida.org. 99% of real estate scams ocur on the Internet, work with a REALTOR®.
- Take it one step farther and find an experienced Local REALTOR®. Follow their website links and they should give you direct links to local communities and neighborhoods. Take a look at their about page, contact them from the contact page or about page, you should be able to reach them. These professionals have a name and repitation to protect.
- Don’t send mony to people of orinizations you do not know – This should be a given but you would be surprised at how many consumers fail to follow this. There are some good scam artist out there, have your guard up.
- Craigslist and Backpage do not collect money. They also don’t handle payments or guarantee transactions. When leasing or buying real estate follow the first two above and work with REALTORS®.
- Keep your financial information private. Social Security numbers, bank accounts, PayPal and anything other financial information.
The Summer real estate market is only a few days away and expectations are pointing towards a bustling housing market entering 3rd quarter of 2015.
Inventory of available properties listed for sale in Central Florida is at 11,798 ending in May, reported by the Orlando Realtors Association. That’s a moderate increase of only 160 properties from January but the real story lies in the 41 percent increase going back to March 2013.
Real estate is and always will be about supply and demand and Central Florida’s real estate market has a large supply of available homes for sale. . . advantage Buyers!
Furthermore real estate is about local markets, even to the point of looking at Southwest Orange County Doctor Phillips compared to Lake County Clermont. Two areas separated by only the town of Windermere and City of Winter Garden…but two different markets.
It was interesting reading a Fortune article where Chairman of the Standard and Poor, David Blitzer was asked to describe the 2015 real estate market. Mr. Blitzer’s answer…”Mysterious”. Let’s look into what’s not so mysterious about Doctor Phillips real estate this Summer.
Currently there are 279 properties for sale in Doctor Phillips Florida, out of which 240 are single family homes. Average market time is at 147 days with a median list price of $449,900.
Compare this to last year when Doctor Phillips sellers held an advantage, today’s buyers have options which means they hold the cards negotiating better terms and purchase price.
These leverages are not as drastic as the one-sided sellers market of 2005 or huge buyers market of 2010 but rather normal shifts caused by market corrections, the main culprit, increase in supply of available homes for sale.
Doctor Phillips Just listed Homes for sale
The Doctor Phillips real estate market is heating up and just in time with Summer fast approaching! Currently there are 321 Doctor Phillips properties for sale with 234 of those single family homes. Inventory of available homes typically will increase through the Summer months and start a gradual decline going into the 4th quarter.
Listed are Doctor Phillips communities and properties showing nice value heading into Summer…
Searching for an Orlando home for sale? Dr Phillips real estate can’t get any hotter. With fewer bank owned properties available in this highly desirable community in Southwest Orange county buyers are sifting through short sale properties like an unorganized premium outlet mall.
Sure we all have heard the short sale horror stories but let’s find fact from fiction in today’s market and learn to see a valued Dr Phillips property when it comes on the market.
Facts and Fiction:
- FACT: Short sales are easier to close today – In 2005 many agents thought the term “short sale” was just a fast closing transaction. It’s been 5 plus years since the market started its decline and Realtors, lenders and sellers have learned (through growing pains) how to close these short sale properties much more quickly. Just last month TeamConnect Realty had a short sale in Stoneybrook West under contract and sold in 60 days. Bank of America came out with a new system last year called the Equater which keeps everyone involved in the transaction with better communication and documentation during the process. It took awhile but most lenders now understand they have to make the short sale process work.
- FICTION: Dr Phillips real estate is a declining market – The Dr Phillips community currently has 10 bank owned properties for sale and 31 single family short sale properties on the market. Realtors know listing a home at today’s value we can find a buyer well under 60 days.
- FACT: Bank owned properties are going at or near market value. After 5 years of declining prices today’s values are a deal. Don’t buy into the notion banks don’t want to own properties and are selling at pennies on the dollar. In sought after communities like Dr Phillips banks know they can sell at or near value.
- FACT: The deals are not going to last for ever. As a buyer you don’t have to be desperate but you do have to be aggressive when going after these distressed properties. If there is one truth about the market, it’s that it always changes.
- Fiction: There is a back log of foreclosures ready to flood the market. Mainstream media has been reporting this for the past 12 months. Sure there will be more foreclosures (bank owned properties) but the reason there will not be a back log of bank owned homes to hit the market it’s because short sale properties are selling.
- Fiction: Waiting until the bottom of the real estate market to purchase. Too late… the bottom was here and gone. The inventory of homes for sale in Central Florida are at their lowest in years and every month there are fewer bank owned and short sale properties listed. That’s not to say there are not any good deals still to be had but time is running out.
Your Realtor should be giving you a comparative market analysis on ALL homes you are looking to make an offer on. In today’s real estate market many sellers are strategically using the list price as a marketing tool attracting buyers. Buyers need to know the value of a home before making an offer and where the list price is, over priced or attractively priced, don’t look at the list price as value. Do your homework and be an informed consumer and find yourself a great home at a great price.
Dr Phillips Distressed Properties:
Markets still revolve around the age old economic indicator of “supply vs demand”, how much is available and how many consumers can purchase. Orlando’s real estate market is no different. The past four and a half years sought after communities like Dr Phillips saw real estate values decreasing over 30 percent.
Today’s buyers see value and are picking up some of these great deals thinking they won’t be here for long. Add to this the lowest inventory of homes for sale in Central Florida at 10,969, that’s 31.28% lower then May 2010.
With the decrease in available homes that’s also good news for Orlando sellers. Normal sales — sellers that are neither bank-owned or short sales increased for the 4th consecutive month reported by the National Association of Realtors. Sellers are realizing they finally can compete in the real estate market. Even new construction has started up in recent months. The town of Windermere and the area off of 535 and Overstreet was the hot spot at the peak of the market in 2005 for new construction. After the market started its decline in 2006 builders stopped mid stream and are now, like regular sellers, realizing they too can build a home for profit with more buyers jumping into the market.
There is one guarantee, the real estate market always changes. We are headed towards a more normal real estate cycle where buyers and sellers will be on a level playing field. Great deals are still to be had but time is running out and the competition for Dr Phillips real estate will only increase going into the Summer.
Summer is right around the corner and keeping our kids active in healty activities is good for their mind and body. Dr Phillips, Windermere and Winter Garden camps are a great way to keep your children’s mind stimulated and maybe a little peace of mind this Summer for you as well!
Orlando Summer Camp Calendar 2011
The Maile Image Modeling and Acting School – Public speaking, manners, self – esteem and Communications skills are front while also catering to film, acting and modeling. All students take a VIP tour and perform on set at WKMG Local 6. For more information visit www.lisamaile.com or 407-628-5989. Located at 999 S. Orlando Ave.
In The Lime Light Orlando– Acting, Musical Theater & Production Camps – From ages 1 – 12 offering acting and musical theater skills. Camp includes Seussical The Musical and Disney’s Beauty and the Beast. Also offering swimming camps. Cost range from $175 – $425, visit www.inthelimelightorlando.com or call 407-340-0920. 8422 International Drive Orlando.
LA Acting Workshop– Six weekly camps that teach acting, singing and dancing. Vistit www.laacting.comor call 407-876-0006. 1575 S. Maguire, Ocoee.
Art Class at the Art Room– One week classes held Monday – Friday, morning and afternoon sessions, 10 to 12 or 1 to 3pm. Creative topics, students must have completed kindergarden. $150 to $160 supplies included. Visit www. artroomorlando.com or Call 407-846-6257. 709 Main Street, Windermere.
Brain Camp at Huntington Learning Center – Personalized programs in reading, math, writing, spelling phonics and SAT/ACT prep. Call early and receive $100 off on a skill assessment and consultation. Visit www.huntingtonlearning.com or call 407-522-4477. 5060 Dr Phillips Blvd. Orlando.
Craniums Camps– ages 3-9 for full or extended or half day options. Camps run every week featuring Space Station, Kids Cafe, Dinosaur Dig, Young Picassos and Mad Scientists themes. Regualar hour cost $140 – $190 per week and extended day $190 – $230. Visit www.craniumclubhouse.comor call 407-294-6950. 4068 Winter Garden – Vineland, Winter Garden.
Grand Cypress Academy of Golf – Junior Golf program is 25 hours of instruction by PGA-certified instructors. Five day course offers, full swiing, putting, pitching and bunker play. From $390 – $495, visit www.grandcypress.com or call 407-239-1975
History Summer Camps – From kindergarden through 8th grade, featuring a journey through time, A Pirate’s Life for me, School Rock, Cosmic Fury and much more. Visit www.thehistorycenter.org or call 407-836-8500. 65 E. Central, Orlando.
Lake Cypress Summer Camp – ages 4-12, offers variety of activities, swimming, cooking, art, drama,field games. Weekly themes are followed for each session. Visit www.lakecypresscamp.weeblly.com or call 407-905-7737. Windermere Preparatory School.
Seaworld Camp– Campers get face-to-face and hands on with new friends, flippered, feathered and otherwise. Campers also create crafts, enjoy a variety of activities. Visit www.seaworld.orgor call 866-479-2267. SeaWorld Orlando.
Ibrick cademy Lego Robocamp – Teaches campers simple mechanical engineering and energy using functional robots. Working in pairs. Visit www.ibrickacademy.comor call 407-230-6100. July 12-16 Windermere area
Camp J at the Jewish Community Center – Ages 18 months – 12 years for sports, arts, theater, gymnastics, basket ball, film acting and more. Long lasting memories. Visit www.campj.orgor call 407-387-5330 for details, 111184 S. Apopka-Vineland Orlando.
Dance/Karate/Tumbling Camps – Outdoor and indoor games, arts and craft providing children with stimulating activities while building self-confidence. Visit www.matrixcareerinstitute.com or call 407-704-8820. 2138 W. Colonial Drive, Orlando.
Equestrian Camps at Jewel Court Stables – Boys and girls 5 and older, regardless of riding ability. group classes, horsemanship and trail riding. Visit www.jewelcourtstables.com or call 407-654-8718. 17825 Terra Vista Court Winter Garden.
Sports Camps at First Baptist Church Windermere– Kindergarden-sixth grade, volleyball camp, flag football, cherrleading, basketball and soccer. Visit www.fbcwindermere.com or call 407-876-2234. Downtown lakeside campuses.
Sports Camps at Foundation Academy – Designed to provide instruction for players of all ages in football, basketball, soccer, golf, softball and tennis. Faith-building environment. Visit www.foundationacademy.net or call 407-877-2744.
Summer Etiquette Camp– Presented by Academy of Etiquette & Protocal, ages 5-17 interactive role-playing activities. 65 table manners, job interview etiquette, dressing for success and continental dining. Visit www.academyofetiquette.comor call 407-884-4130. 2667 Bruton, Orlando.
Summer Fun Camp – ages 18 months – 7, campers experience creative fun in uniquely themed camps. Extended care is offered. Visit www.premieracademyschools.comor call 407-290-3277. 9390 Gotha, Windermere.
Summer Sensational Camps– Allow campers to step ahead this summer and explore Spanish scavenger hunts, computers, calculate baseball math and write a summer story. Clay crafts. Visit www.cfprep.org or call 407-290-8073
Summer Camp at Montessori World School – ages 3-6 campers engage in Montessori learning environment while enjoying the casual summer atmosphere with arts and crafts, cooking, water play, music and more. Visit www.montessoriworldschool.com or call 407-239-6024. 11659 Ruby Lake, Orlando.
Summer Camp at Starchild Academy – Elementary age children enjoy field trips, computers, video games, arts and crafts. Open 6am to 7pm Mon-Fri. Visit www.starchildwintergarden.com or call 407-877-0345. Winter Garden
Summer Camps at Bright Horizons– Campers get wet on water slides and water ballon wars. Also a Survivor campers search for Idol in “Immunity”. Visit www.brighthorizons.com or call 407-654-9693. Winter Garden
Summer Camps at The Christ School – Kindergarten-eighth grade, instruction from leaderswith specific expertise in their fields. Classes include lego robotics, baby-sitter’s training, flag football, Greek mythology, circus arts, martial arts and more. Visit www.thechristschool.org or call 407-849-1665. Church St. Orlando.
Summer Camps at Holy Family Catholic Church – Sports, science or art also Orlando Magic bsketball, lacrosse, soccer, wholesome environment. Call 407-876-0833, Dr Phillips.
Summer Camps at My Gym Childrens’s Fitness Center – games, relays, sports, gymnastics, zip line rides, team-building activities and a rock wall. Flexible enrollment. Visit www.mygym.com or call 407-644-2595. Sand Lake, Orlando.
TEAMCONNECT Realtors LIVE, WORK and Play in the Doctor Phillips community!